Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is that SPRING I smell?

Every year around this time I get anxious.

Anxious for our couples retreat which is next weekend (woo-hoo!!!)

Anxious for an extra snow day (or not cause it'll mean Saturday school--yuck!)

Anxious for shopping trips for new clothes--springy clothes! :)

Anxious for 100 kids in DC, for spring break, then tests, then SUMMER break.

Anxious for...a change.


Don't get me wrong...I love winter. I LOVE snow. In November and December and January (and occasionally in October and February.) I always tell my coworkers that I'll never complain about a snow day (even if it means Saturday school) cause God knows that I LOVE a snow day and that I need a break from the routine every now and again. But every year around this time, I get anxious for the sun to come out and stay out a bit longer. For the daffodils to start poking their shiny, yellow blooms out (always just a bit too early it seems cause they end up getting caught in a cold front.) I get anxious for spring rain and warmer temperatures. For capri pants and thin jackets and my favorite J41 shoes. So last week when we hit 70 degrees a couple of days and then Friday night there was this perfect spring-ish warm-ish rain....it made me ready. REALLY ready. Ready for winter to head on out and spring to roll on in. Are you ready?


**I'm gonna be doing a giveaway soon! A couple actually....one with a kids company that I really adore! And one with some stuff I've been working on :) Read this if you didn't catch that I'm letting my creativity out and I'm SOOOO excited about it! I keep watching this number on the right side of this page go ever-so-slightly up and although I know in my heart-of-hearts that it doesn't matter and it's not why I'm here talking to you....it's still kinda neat to watch it go up. :) So I've decided that since I'll be the big 3-0 this year (in June) that I'll give something away from my soon-to-be-open shop when that little number gets to 30. Ya know, cause...I can. :)


Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I am ready for spring!!! It was 70 here last week and then it snowed yesterday. Bananas. I want warmth!

    ReplyDelete