Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

All Because Two People Fell in Love

Chris & I got to retreat to Pigeon Forge, TN with 9 other couples from our church this weekend and what a retreat it was! I SOOOO needed a break (Do you ever take on more than normal when you know a break is coming up, cause you feel like you can make it with the idea of a getaway out there waiting on ya? Yeah well, I do.) After a VERY busy week and very "cooped up" winter, it was wonderful to get out of town (even though it's not that far away) Luci & Eli went to stay with my dad and stepmom, who I am very thankful for. They had a blast too. It's nice to have a place to leave your children where you know they'll be loved on (aka spoiled) and taken care of.

The theme of the retreat this year was "All Because Two People Fell In Love". Our pastor & his wife led us in games (feeding our blindfolded husbands doughnuts from a string among others) & a devotion about the story when Jacob first sees Rachel in Genesis. Then we all took a look at our family pictures , listened to the Brad Paisley song entitled "All Because Two People Fell in Love" & made lists of all the things we have because of the love we share with our spouses. WOW. I had never thought about it before. Of course I realize Chris brings a lot to my life. But I had never really thought about the many things in my life that have been affected because the Lord brought Chris to me. Some of the list toppers in our group were: he taught me about farming, she (or he) taught me how to cook, she gave birth to our children, he works so I can stay home, she taught me how to love, he encourages me to try new things, she helped me have a better relationship with my mother, seeing his faith increases mine. (Those were just a few of MANY--some funny, some silly, some serious, & many tear jerkers!) It was a powerful exercise!

We had a great weekend! Great fellowship, great food, great shopping (yipee!) Couldn't wait to pick up the kiddos yesterday (Lu came running at me, arms open wide---what an awesome feeling!) It's good to be home!

Now it's your turn: take a minute & think about it. What do you have in your life today that is a direct result of falling in love with your husband? Leave me a comment, I'm dying to hear what you have to say. How has your life changed because you fell in love?

1 comment:

  1. Would Jesus be my Lord and Savior today if I had not married my husband? His prayers, encouraging words, and worry about my eternal salvation impacted my decision on April 30, 2001 to give up my worldly ways and trust in Jesus. I will never forget that day. Today I have an ability I knew not before him to accept being late to all family, church, and special events and not get upset...at least most of the time. I have two beautiful children and a best friend and an easiness that only comes when you feel as loved and accepted as he makes me feel. I have everything I grew up desiring and then some. I am very, very blessed :)!

    ReplyDelete