Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

More (Resolutions--or not)

So because it's the new year and all, I've been thinking a lot about resolutions. Every one is I guess. I've done resolutions before. And I've broken every one. Some within minutes of making them I think. I've done the whole...I'm going lose ___pounds. I'm going to read more, watch less t.v., eat healthier, read my Bible, exercise, play with my kids, call my friends, do better at ____(insert whatever you wish)....I've said it all, a hundred times over. And I've been let down. Every. Single. Time. So I'm done. I'm not going to resolve to lose weight....I can and will at some point lose weight this year (probably with the Game On! Diet which is SUPER fun and helped me lose 9 lbs last month!) I'm not going to resolve to never drink another Coke, cause I like Coke and Dr. Pepper and bubbly soda drinks that I realize are terrible for me...but as often as I indulge (once a week maybe) I don't think will kill me. I'm not going to resolve to exercise every day...cause I won't. I'm not going to resolve to start my read-the-Bible-in-one-year-Bible over again only to end up in September in December again. Cause I felt like SUCH a LOSER when that happened (last month) and no, I didn't read the Bible in a year, but I did spend time {most} every morning with a quiet time with God (which really changed me by the way) and who cares if I didn't get through the Bible in the alloted amount of time that someone told me I should ( I think that was me)...I read some part of the Bible every single day last year (mostly) and that's more than I can say about any other year. I learned a LOT about God and His word and was inspired almost daily by Him and or some way that He's been in my life or someone else's. That counts for something doesn't it?

So I'm not going to make resolutions this year. Except that I am, but a different kind of resolution...to do better than I did last year. To grow more. Experience more. See more. LIVE more. LOVE more. Be ME more.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! especially the last line "be ME more". i think i need to do that too!! just be me. just be me.
    thanks for sharing!!

    xo
    melissa

    ReplyDelete