Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

wonderfully crooked


My back is crooked.

That is the understatement of the century.


Really. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 11, had back surgery at 15 and am now dealing with pain due to the bending (yeah, I said bending) titanium rod attached to my spine.



I've recently started going to the chiropractor & while it may all be crazytalk....I'm choosing to believe what he's telling me right now and go with the healing that I pray will come.

While looking at my xrays before my first adjustment he asked, "So have you broken your nose before?" My answer..."Nope, sure haven't." and then I bust out laughing. Cause what a kind way to say HOLY COW your nose is CROOKED!!! It's similar (although not nearly the same) as asking when you're due!


A year ago, the whole crooked nose question would have bothered me. As a matter of fact a friend from church once commented (quite bluntly might I add) about just how crooked my nose is once and I internalized the comment and replayed it in my head for MONTHS! (Heck, I'm still talking about it years later!!) But lately, I've been trying to retrain my thinking. I'm not good with compliments. I brush them off. I bat them away with my quick (yeah right) wit. I analyze myself in the mirror and worry over weight that shouldn't be there. I compare myself to others constantly. Or I always have. But not lately. Lately I've been trying to keep this verse



I will praise thee; for I am fearfully & wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalms 139:14


in my head for moments just like that. When I catch myself thinking a bad thought...

I think of Luci.

I never want her to think those things about herself.

Cause none of us should.


We ARE wonderfully made and

who

are

we

to doubt the handiwork of our Creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment