Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Today, and any other school day (and non-school ones too), I'm so very thankful for my precious coworkers! I work with the best people on the planet....no really...I do. There are 3 other teachers that make up our grade level team and they really are the most AMAZING women! I learn so much by just being "around" them day in and day out. Two of the girls have kids in college and/or high school, while my other sweet friend has 2 darling youngsters very close in age to my babies. It's like working on a dream team! We all get along so well even though we don't always see eye to eye. We collaborate and talk things out. We aren't afraid to try new things (even if we're just flying by the seat of our pants!) We LOVE our students and will walk through fire for them! We LOVE our families and they remind me daily that it's really all about them and the rest of this mess will be here tomorrow!


I struggled with going back to work after both of my babies (even though it's not really an option) but going back to work with these magnificent friends has made it so much easier! They get me through those wretched days with impossible pre-tweens and remind me that God is so much bigger than the mundane details of elementary school. They inspire me, teach me, push me, encourage me and keep me grounded. LOVE THEM (can you tell?)


Us with Ron Clark in his academy in Atlanta in 2007.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heidi...if you only knew what a blessing you are to me. I truly don't know if I could do what we do every day without you next door. I love you soo very much and thank the Lord for you every day. We are sooo blessed to work with our awesome team. Can you imagine working with anyone else? Thankful for you, who you are, and what you stand for. Love you and the fun we have together trying to keep each other sane!!!

    ReplyDelete