Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ten Hours

I spent 10 hours away from my kids today. In my defense (who am I defending myself against) that's not a NORMAL day. On Mondays I have morning duty, which means I have to be at school by 7:30 to hang out with all the kids whose parents drop them off early. Plus today we had an EXTREMELY long staff meeting that didn't let out until after 5. YUCK! I am grateful that we don't have staff meetings too often though. On the way to pick up Luci and Eli I counted the hours I was away from them and the GUILT set in! I know I'm fortunate to have a job that allows me to be off 2 whole months of the year, but 10 hour days away from my babies are still hard! At least it's over with! And to all of those who think teachers work from 8 to 3....YEAH RIGHT is all I have to say!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my week! it really really annoys me when i hear how lucky i am to have an 8-3 job. no other job requires work to be taken home every day... i guess we do it for the money. ha:)

    ReplyDelete