Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Listen-->Five Minute Friday

Do you hear it
No
Just me

It's the quiet of the day
The longest and shortest hours of my day

It's the hum of the ac
Thank God for the ac in this heat

It's the covers shifting as they turn, especially the middle one, in their sleep

Listen can you hear it
It's another day gone
Another chance to give them all I've got
Slipped right by

But it's also a glimpse at a new beginning
Another chance to give them all I've got
Coming up right before me

I've gotta grab it
Hold it
But not too tight

Brush it lightly
Gently
Calmly as though not to smother it

The years are going fast
Even though sometimes the minutes seem so long

Listen carefully
Or you'll miss them


I'm linking up with Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    Love how you expressed truth so beautifully in your poem...Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I hear it too. My favorite time of day. The quiet makes it easier to think, to reflect, to choose better tomorrow, if need be.

    Visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem nearly brought me to tears - especially the line
    "Another chance to give them all I've got
    Slipped right by." Because in my imperfection, I let today slip by, too. But I love that you followed it up with the promise of tomorrow, a new day, a new chance. :)

    ReplyDelete