Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

no judgement here

I like to think that I'm not judgemental.  But I am...or I used to be.  But since kids I like to think that I'm less judgemental.  And especially since this summer.  This summer because this was the summer that the Lord blessed me with Mae.  My darling Mae.  Mae who for the first month of her life would nurse every 2 to 3 hours for a solid hour.  And then beginning about 5pm she would scream.  Not cry. Scream.  While Eli & Lu would stare at me and Mae as if to say, "What the heck!" And honestly, I was kinda thinking the same.  Oh & with the screaming came the spitting.  Not projectile-ing, just spitting.  But oh the spitting!  It took 2 trips to the pediatrician, zero weight gain in 3 weeks and a trip to the lactation consultant for someone to finally listen to me when I said this girl spits like no baby I've ever seen.  And I've had two babies! A trip to the peds gastro doc, two days of a non-dairy/soy diet, a mini-meltdown (although Chris might argue bout that) over not being able to do it all, and a command decision by my precious husband led us to formula that lasts 3 days & costs $50 if you're not internet savvy & $20ish if you are.  So my days of judging are done.  Cause we're all just doing the best we can.  Aren't we?  I sometimes joke that we made it out of the house with clothes on so we count it as a good day....but I'm only partially joking.  Cause somedays...whew! 
Some.Days. 
Some days I'm just thankful that I know I get another shot tomorrow.  Aren't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment