Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Facing Fear

I love to sing.
Show choir in high school was one of my favorite things. (I totally get Glee.)
I love singing in our church's choir twice a week. The hour of choir practice is honestly one my favorite times all week. Learning the notes, the melodies, the harmonies (alto is my favorite!), hearing it all come together.
A good base lead....mmmm....those deep rich voices. A strong tenor part...there's something about a man who can sing higher than me (my dad sings tenor.) And oh who doesn't love a good alto lead in an old gospel song....warms my heart! Learning the songs out of the old red book that I know my granny knows by heart.

In our home we sing a lot.
My iPod dock is in the kitchen and it's almost always on. Luci told me Friday in the most amazed voice that Ms. Judy does not have music in her kitchen....can you believe it?! Her face was true surprise. Who would've thought?
Music moves us, shapes us. We recently found Seeds of Faith worship music which puts Bible verses to music. Our kids love it!(And I must admit it's helping my memorization skills too!)

One thing I don't do though....sing alone, out loud, in front of people. But last night, at an in house singing service at my church....armed with James 17:7, I did. I won't lie and say that I wasn't nervous. I won't tell you that I didn't hang on to the mic with both hands to control the shaking. I won't bring up that my eyes never left the words that lay on the pulpit in front of me. But putting all confidence in God....I did it.

Here's to learning to have a confident heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment