Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday--Jury Duty

Thursday is here again and it kinda makes me sad. There are just a few more Thursdays until I'll be welcoming new 5th graders into my classroom and my life. I know that I'll be ready then, but right now.....I couldn't be farther from that world.

I've spent 3 days of this week in JURY DUTY. I've been called before, but have never served and so this week I not only served by attending, but I was chosen to be on the jury. There is a terrible criminal case going on involving several members of my hometown and I am so very thankful that I was NOT on that jury first of all. But while I sat through the particularly boring civil trial we were given, I began to think about the historical aspects of the civil duty I was performing. This duty that was set forth SOOO many years ago by men who wanted to ensure the fairness of our judicial system. The duty that is not offered many (if any) other place in the world. What an amazing country we are blessed to live in. WOW.

So that's me this week. That's what I learned and what I'm SO VERY thankful for. Freedom, the USA, the men & women who afford me the freedoms I enjoy everyday & my ability & opportunity to be able to give back (if even in this minor way) to this precious system that we have.

Link up with Thankful Thursdays over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having a willing, and serving heart. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete