Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

DC....stress....sleep....

HOLY COW! What a week! DC was great...mostly. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever been more stressed out IN MY LIFE! Traffic was a NIGHTMARE and I learned about4 hours in that my travel agent does NOT know anything about traveling with 130 people. Students were well-behaved and in awe, parents were appreciative and mostly non-complaining, weather was GORGEOUS! I can honestly say that I saw the hand of God in the ENTIRE 3 days and that in itself made it worth it.

I learned a LOT...A WHOLE LOT. I learned that I do have a breaking point. I reached it Friday when my sweet hubs called to tell me he was taking Eli camping and leaving Luci behind with friends. I was to pick her up and take her home when I got in. No problem. Until...11pm turned into 5am. I learned that I NEED my family. I NEED a little bit of normalcy after chaos. I NEED my boys to be home and welcome me back. I NEED to hear "we missed you".

I didn't communicate ANY of this well though and the Saturday morning was spent arguing and "not" arguing with my hubs. I felt wretched bad mom guilt for asking my boys not to go camping just cause I wanted them to be home so I didn't. Then I just felt miserable and cranky. YUCK! Sometimes being a crazy moody girl SUCKS! :)

On a good note, both of my children have slept through the night for ...4 NIGHTS! WOO-HOO! (I may have just jinxed myself but I DON'T CARE!) Just tucked them in ( well, Chris did) so I'm going to BED! Night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I ever told you, but I love your new layout! So cute!!! I'm so happy ya'll had such a great trip and you are getting some sleep now.(I didn't get sleep for the first 3 years!)

    I also wanted to let you know that you have an award over at my place. Come on over and visit. I have another giveaway for Creativity for Kids going on too!

    http://asavingmomssanity.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-happy-day.html

    Have a blessed Day Heidi!

    ReplyDelete