Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Gran

Went to see my granny today. She's turning 79 tomorrow. Love her to pieces! Love the smell of her house. The comfort and ease with which we all pile in. And her strawberry preserves. She's been such a powerful influence in my life and I'm frightened to think where or who I'd be today without her. She's the matriarch of our family. The one we all turn too. The one we can't let down. What a woman she is. I see her with my kids, just 2 of her 14 great grands, and I'm just amazed at her patience and ease with them. It's easy to see how she raised 4 of her own. She's quick to speak her mind these days...which I love! (One wonderful thing that comes with age! :)) And I can't wait to hear what she has to say for I think part of me knows our time together is limited. I'm not ready to let her go. Nor will I ever be. But sometimes when she talks about Papaw, I see how much she misses him and know that she's ready. She's ready to be with Jesus and to rejoice in Heaven. She's ready to see Papaw again and for all eternity. Who can blame her for that? While I have her here though...I plan on soaking in every minute. Happy Birthday Gran!

No comments:

Post a Comment