Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hero

I sometimes blame her for the crazy. For the temper that leaves me blindsided and crying over words I shouldn't have said. But let's be honest, if I'm gonna blame her for the bad, I gotta give her credit for the good. She's the one who taught me to look for the good in people. To talk to strangers if it meant making a connection and encouraging them. She's the one I see in the mirror. In the lines around my mouth where years of smiles have left their mark. She's the voice in my head when I doubt myself. My own personal cheerleader. 
I can't imagine how she did it. And no it wasn't always perfect. Raising kids never is. Especially not on your own. I'm sure it didn't turn out like she imagined. I'm learning life rarely ever does. But for what she's given me. The good and even the crazy. I'll be forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment