Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sleep & Bottles

ahhh....sleep. I miss it. I can't remember the last time everyone at my house slept an entire night. hmmmm....I think it was pre-Luci. The minute I found out I was pregnant with that girl I became a little bit of an insomniac. My doc even prescribed me Ambien....yeah it was kinda bad. And now...she's up every night. I think I could count on one hand how many times she's slept through the night in her own bed in her lifetime. She's now 19 months old!!! Any suggestions? Here's the routine: she goes to bed most nights about 9pm, then sometime between 12 & 2, she's wide awake, standing in her crib, SCREAMING. Chris or I go get her, give her a bottle (yeah that's a WHOLE other issue I'm worried about!) and bring her back to our bed where she drinks her bottle and then proceeds to push one of us out the bed for the rest of the night. (So even if we are sleeping it's not GOOD sleep!) so what do I do??? I'll try just about anything. (Did I mention I'm E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D?????)

Ok, onto the other thing I'm worried about. Lu is still taking a bottle every night. It's milk, whole milk and yes I realize her teeth are going to ROT OUT. Got that memo. Got it. But she's up, screaming, every night around midnight. And now that she can talk she says "BAUBLE" as soon as you pick her up. Then she drinks it (or gulps it down as fast as she can), literally tosses or hands me the bottle and says "all done". (Now I realize that's precious, but SERIOUSLY....the kids teeth are going to ROT OUT...or so I'm told by my peditrician.) I've tried giving her a cup of milk before bed (she still gets up), giving her a water bottle (worked for awhile, not she just screams and throws it at me), and letting her cry it out (which, if you read above, lasted about 40 minutes and then I gave in cause NO ONE was sleeping---except Eli). So I dunno....what now.......keep giving her the bottle and pray she gives it up before college? Pray her teeth don't ROT OUT and she doesn't need ETERNAL braces from the damage????? idk.....help me

1 comment: